- Sort All Books
A Higher Education
Baylor and the Vocation of a Christian University
Edited by Elizabeth Davis
Subjects: All Higher Education
A Higher Education collects the work of renowned scholars on the importance and mission of Christian higher education. Placing Baylor University at the center of these discussions, this compendium celebrates the inauguration of Judge Kenneth W. Starr over the first year of his presidency at Baylor University and underscores the necessity of Christian higher education in a global context. With an introduction by Baylor University Executive Vice President and Provost Elizabeth Davis, A Higher Education shows how the model set forth at Baylor University can influence institutions of higher learning in the US and abroad.
Introduction: Why Christian Higher Education Matters
1. Christian Higher Education vs. Christians in Higher Education
2. The Myth of the Sovereign Self
3. Scholarship in Action and the Public Mission of Universities
4. Ethics in the Twenty-First Century
5. The Challenges and Opportunities for Liberal Education in a Faith-Based University
6. The Bible, Baptists, and the Challenge of Christian Higher Education
Elizabeth Davis is Executive Vice President and Provost, Baylor University.