- Sort All Books
To submit your manuscript or book proposal to Baylor University Press for consideration, please email the following materials to press director Carey Newman at Carey_Newman@baylor.edu.
- The title of the proposed volume.
- The Table of Contents (including estimates of chapter size in either manuscript or printed pages) for the proposed volume.
- A list of and full publication information for already published material that is to be included in the proposed volume, identifying how this material fits into the book.
- An estimate of the work already completed and a proposed submission date. Please also include a statement of other academic work already under contract.
- A 25word book description.
- A 250 word book summary. The summary should identify the project’s subject, thesis, method, scope, limitations, intended audience, and potential significance.
- A “road map” to the proposed book which summarizes the contents and accomplishments of each chapter in two to three sentences.
- The book’s introduction and two-three sample chapters or full ms.
- A review of research into the subject.
- A list of 3-5 scholars which should provide a back ad endorsement for the book (the scholars whose judgments matter most in the field).
- A list of 5 academic journals that MUST review the book.
- A current CV, listing education, all academic and professional positions, and major academic publications (i.e. peer-reviewed books and articles).
- A list of electronic releases of any portion of your proposed manuscript (include citation). The list should explain the purpose for release of manuscript (i.e. dissertation, journal article, etc.).
- A list of any previously published portions of your proposed manuscript (include citation). The list should explain the purpose for publication of manuscript (i.e. dissertation, journal article, etc.).